You see, these are very simple and easy cookies to make, yet they are so delicious. I wanted to make cookies for my friend’s cookies; however, I did not have enough time or ingredients to do anything crazy, so i thought sugar cookies. Wanting to go beyond that, I made black-and-white cookies, and here is the amazingly delicious recipe:
Ingredients for the Cookies:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
Ingredients for the Icing:
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water (plus more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
FOR THE COOKIES:
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Put butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar; mix until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture in three batches, alternating with buttermilk.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into balls, and drop onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until bottoms turn golden (around 10 minutes). Let cool on wire racks.
FOR THE ICING:
- Whisk confectioner’s sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, and and the water in a small bowl until smooth. Add more water if needed in order to get a consistency a little thicker than honey.
- Transfer half icing to a small bowl. Stir in cocoa powder; thin with water if needed.
- Spread white icing on half the cookie and the cocoa frosting on the other half. Set for 30 minutes.
*** Remember that you don’t have to do half and half, you could just choose to do all chocolate icing or all vanilla icing.
So that’s the recipe. It’s a lot of fun to make with a group of people because they are so easy to make. Hope you enjoy!
(Recipe from: Martha Stewart’s Cookies)
You see, I love food. Hahaha, boring sentence, I’M SORRY! Anyways, I especially love cooking and baking any kind of food imaginable. I guess that’s why I’m doing all of the cooking summer camps. Now I’m going to let you all know the kinds of food I love, and you should love, to cook/bake:
Black and white cookies (it doesn’t matter if you’re not traditional about the icing, but the cookies themselves are delicious with just chocolate on top).
Pasta (the sauce is always fun to make… especially with lots of mushrooms and bell peppers).
Stuffed red bell peppers (with all of the gooey cheese on top… it’s heaven).
REALLY CHOCOLATEY brownies (preferably with added chocolate chips).
Cupcakes of any kind (I love decorating them prettily).
and so much more.
Anyways, I though I should just share that because I love cooking, it the perfect thing to do all of the time.
Y’all knows me well by now correctomundo. Well, Desta has a blog and if y’all knows her well too. Y’alls better follow her asap (pronounced a-SAP) all of this is pronouced in an old person’s southern accent get the drift y’all.
Oh her blog (in a northern 13-year-old accent) is: pinkyjane (tumblr).